Say "I Ruff You!" to family and friends
Photo © Apryl Duncan
What makes this project perfect for your loved ones is that all of the pieces that make up the dog are heart-shaped. From his head to his paws, hearts, hearts, hearts!
Once your foam pet is finished, he'll be holding a big red heart in his paws for your personal message. We wrote "I'm mutts about you!" on ours.
When my son and I put our foam dog together, it was the morning of Valentine's Day. We were finished before Daddy was out bed to see his new gift.
Not a dog person? No problem. You can easily adapt this project for your kids' favorite animals. How about a "You Moooove Me" cow or a "You're Purrrfect" kitty instead?
Encourage your kids to come up with funny sayings they can put on their big red hearts. You may just be surprised at the cleverness this activity inspires.
More Winter Activities:
- Winter Activity #1 - Kids' Building Projects
- Winter Activity #2 - Indoor Hopscotch
- Winter Activity #3 - Make a Wall Canvas
- Winter Activity #4 - Take Flight
- Winter Activity #5 - Shoot an "I Love You" Photo Collage
- Winter Activity #6 - Create an "I Ruff You" Foam Dog
- Winter Activity #7 - Play a Life-Sized Board Game
- Winter Activity #8 - Turn Your House Into a Movie Theater
- Winter Activity #9 - Create a Website With Your Kids
- Winter Activity #10 - Explore Cultures of the World