A life-sized board game brings the family hours of fun.
Photo © Apryl Duncan
Game goals change too. I may give him an old bag to use for collecting items like small balls when he lands on certain spaces. Or we may use game cards we've made up so he can perform wacky stunts, like this one: "Stop what you're doing! Go to your room and jump on the bed 4 times while tapping your head."
We add even more action to the game through obstacles I put into the game board's design. A few of the obstacles I use are our tunnel, indoor slide and ball pit. He'll be walking or hopping from space to space and then, all of a sudden, he'll have to crawl through a tunnel to get to the next space.
We've even used this game as one of our fun learning activities. He really enjoys throwing the dice and picking a game card that asks him how to spell certain words or do solve math problems.
If he gets the question right, he collects a token. If he gets it wrong, he answers another question. I throw in crazy cards so he gets to act silly along the way. "Spin around in a circle while counting to 10," is his favorite!
This game has an unlimited amount of game play ideas. We play almost every day and it's at least a solid hour of fun together.
More Winter Activities:
- Winter Activity #1 - Kids' Building Projects
- Winter Activity #2 - Indoor Hopscotch
- Winter Activity #3 - Make a Wall Canvas
- Winter Activity #4 - Take Flight
- Winter Activity #5 - Shoot an "I Love You" Photo Collage
- Winter Activity #6 - Create an "I Ruff You" Foam Dog
- Winter Activity #7 - Play a Life-Sized Board Game
- Winter Activity #8 - Turn Your House Into a Movie Theater
- Winter Activity #9 - Create a Website With Your Kids
- Winter Activity #10 - Explore Cultures of the World