Create your own movie theater right at home.
Photo © David Buffington / Getty Images
That's $24 to entertain 2 people for an hour and 20 minutes. (The baby slept through the whole thing!)
It's no wonder we play movie theater at the house all the time. Here's how you can make your own movie theater.
We do everything they do at the real movie theaters, without the expensive costs. We pick our movie, create our own tickets and open a concession stand. My older son loves playing usher when it's time to show us to our seats.
We also hold an intermission for potty breaks. Wish they'd do that at the movie theater!
After the movie's over, we talk about what we liked and what we didn't. My son likes to draw stars for his movie review and color them in. We also write movie reviews to share with each other.
Making your own movie theater at home not only saves money, the extra activities make your fun last longer than just the run time of the movie. It's also a great excuse to snuggle up with your family on the couch.
No parking spot to find. No wallet to empty. No sticky movie theater floors!
More Winter Activities:
- Winter Activity #1 - Kids' Building Projects
- Winter Activity #2 - Indoor Hopscotch
- Winter Activity #3 - Make a Wall Canvas
- Winter Activity #4 - Take Flight
- Winter Activity #5 - Shoot an "I Love You" Photo Collage
- Winter Activity #6 - Create an "I Ruff You" Foam Dog
- Winter Activity #7 - Play a Life-Sized Board Game
- Winter Activity #8 - Turn Your House Into a Movie Theater
- Winter Activity #9 - Create a Website With Your Kids
- Winter Activity #10 - Explore Cultures of the World