Help and Support for Mom
By Apryl Duncan, About.com Guide
Making the Transition
Just thinking about leaving the workforce can be more intimidating than staring down board directors at a shareholders meeting. Before you trade in the hectic pace at the office for the non-stop days of child chasing, weigh the pros and cons to make a decision that's right for your family.
- From Working Mom to Stay-at-Home Mom
- How SAHMs Can Cover the Unemployment Gap
- Should You Quit Your Job?
- Taking Time Off to Raise Your Family
- How to Resign from Your Job
- 5 Things Not to Do When You Leave Your Job
You're the vehicle that keeps your family running. If the vehicle breaks down, the family's stranded. Taking good care of them begins with taking good care of yourself.
- Me-Time Indulgences at Home
- Me-Time Activities Out on the Town
- Why Time for You is Important
- 7 Ways to Get a Helping Hand
Grown Up Time
Take a break from playing dress up and do it for real. Every mom needs a night with her girlfriends and some alone time with her spouse. Spend a few hours without the kids around and you'll be counting down the minutes until you can sing the alphabet song or make mud pies again!
- Balance Your Children and Marriage
- Spend Quality Time With Your Spouse
- 50 Great Date Night Ideas
- Friends Help Relieve Mom Stress
Health and Happiness
How many times have you had a complete conversation with yourself because another adult isn't around? Being a stay-at-home mom doesn't leave you many opportunities to quote Tolstoy. You have to work at maintaining your health and happiness when you're surrounded by tiny people who speak in three word sentences.
- Be a Happy Stay-at-Home Mom
- Best Workouts for Moms
- You Know You're a Stay-at-Home Mom When...
- Combat Parenting Stress
- Grow Your Own Support Group
- Finding a Good Volunteer Opportunity
- Top Ways to Improve Your Brain Fitness
- How Parents Can Make Time to Work Out
You're with your children most of the time, which can make you feel nervous and even guilty when you need to leave your kids with someone else. Research your options to find the best child care provider who suits your needs.
- Find the Right Child Care for Your Family
- Free Child Care Through a Babysitting Cooperative
- Is Mom's Day Out Right for You?
- Mom's Day Out Programs
- 25 Questions to Ask a Potential Babysitter
- Drop-In Care
- 10 Tips for Using Grandparent Babysitters
- Play Dates Offer Parents Free Time
- Getting Good Child Care on Vacation
Bringing in some extra cash can ease some of the financial strain of living off one income while raising a family. You might miss the work atmosphere or want to earn the family's vacation money each year. Whatever your reasons or hours of availability, there are many opportunities you can tap into to bring in the bucks.
- Make Money as a Secret Shopper
- Overcoming Your Employment Gap
- Classes for Women
- Starting a Home Business
- 5 Hobbies You Can Turn into a Home Business
- Make Money Blogging Without Using Ads