The silly things kids come up with are half the fun of raising children. What wacky words or actions have come from your own children's minds? Share Your Stories
- A friend was visiting family in Denver,CO. While there he ran into our daughter and her three children. The youngest, a six year old boy, when asked what he and his family had done that day, the child replied that he and his family had gone on a hike. Our friend asked him the following question: What is the difference between a hike and a march? The child became thoughtful for a moment or two and finally replied, "music"!
- —Guest Roy Schlachter
they blew off?
- at 2, i went to my daughters room at bedtime and found her naked. i asked what in the world happened and she looked around, smiled and slyly said "the fan blew them off!"
- —Guest Christa
- My 5 year old was looking at a treasure map he had from preschool, and said "I seem to be in an Existential Quandary."
- —Guest Rutabaga
- One day I was driving my 3-year-old son and newborn son (Brody) to the Dr's for a check-up and my 3-year-old said, "Mom, you need to have another baby." "Why?" I asked. "Because Brody is MY baby."
- —Guest Cameron
Peter bread and Thomas
- When my son was a toddler, he would ask for "Peter Bread and Thomas," otherwise known as pita bread and hummus.
- —Guest SaKat
Too much information
- My 4 year old often gets constipated right at dinner time. One time she was bent over in agony complaining that her stomach hurt. Her 7-year old sister went right over and gave her a hug, and said sympathetically, "Is it your uterus?" Hmm.... Did I give too much information in the birds and bees talk?
- I went to my daughter's preschool conference and the teacher laughed and said one area of assessment that she failed - she honestly thinks her middle name is Gorgeous (you can thank my husband for that one!)
- —Guest JBmomma
Overheard a funny conversation
- My preschooler told our newborn, "You're a cute baby but you've GOT to stop crying!"
- —Guest Terrie
My adorable dare devil
- My two year old is (by far) the most active and inventive of my four children... he says and does the most incredible things! Just this morning he got into the cabinet and pulled out a Capri Sun juices box, opened it and took a juice pouch out, he inserted his cheerios between one of his musical toys, he pushed a small chair towards his closet to get a toy from over a shelf.... It drives me nuts... I'm a work from home mom, so it's pretty tough to balance :-D Oh! He also mimicked me scolding his two older sisters... I better watch myself more closely. LOL.
- —Guest Edda